Compliance

Compliance Management Programs

November 19, 2012
The CFPB has taken the Federal Reserve and Basel guidance and integrated it into its examination procedures READ MORE

The Six Must-Have Skills for Compliance Officers

November 18, 2012
'The role of the compliance officer is changing and finding staff with the right skills is a higher priority than ever before.' READ MORE

SCRA Compliance

November 11, 2012
The SCRA provides certain financial protections to active-duty military personnel. READ MORE

Lending Compliance Takes a Detour

November 01, 2012
CUs now can find the lending solution that is right for members. READ MORE

NMLS Annual Renewal Begins

November 01, 2012
Direct questions to the NMLS call center at 240-386-4444. It’s open during this renewal period from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: Fair Credit Reporting Act

November 01, 2012
Members can receive a free copy of their credit reports from the nationwide consumer reporting companies. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: Suspicious Activity Reports

November 01, 2012
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network recently clarified rules for financial institutions. READ MORE

‘If You’re Not at the Table You’re on the Menu’

October 26, 2012
CUs face “crisis of creeping complexity” in regulations. READ MORE

CFPB Sets Remittance Transfer Safe Harbor

October 24, 2012
The NPR sought comment on whether to provide a safe harbor to exempt institutions from the rule. READ MORE

NCUA’s Top 10 Compliance Issues

October 22, 2012
Topping the list are multi-featured open-end lending plans. READ MORE

The Works Blog The Works Blog is produced by PolicyWorks LLC, Des Moines, Iowa.

#Mortgage Rescission: Lawsuit or Letter Required?

Earlier this month the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to weigh in on whether federal law requires borrowers to notify their lender in writing that they intend to rescind their mortgage or if the borrower must file a lawsuit making the claim, within a three year period. Now you may be thinking “Three YEARS!”  I thought […]

Another Year and Another Renewal for SAFE ACT

I figured I would get a good jump on the reminder for credit unions to renew registrations for your Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in order to comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act. With the holidays right around the corner , and year end for credit unions, I know it is a busy time for everyone. […]

#2014Election Results: What Does This Mean for Credit Unions?

Due in large part to the advocacy efforts of credit union supporters, 25 out of 29 pro-credit union Senate candidates were victorious on Tuesday.  In addition, credit union-supported candidates had a 92% success rate in House elections, with 336 of the 367 candidates coming out on top.  By and large, the midterm elections resulted in […]
More Stories

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: What's Your Expected Loan Growth in 2015?

View Results Poll Archive