Technology

Internet Banking: Keep Pace With Market Changes

September 01, 2007
Internet Banking: Keep Pace With Market Changes September 1, 2007 Members' increased comfort with and rising expectations of Internet banking is fueling new innovations says Tim Wooldridge, director of virtual branch for IntegraSys , Frisco, Texas. Wooldridge addresses how credit unions can get the most from their Internet banking solutions,... READ MORE

Internet Banking Systems Are Goin' Mobile

September 01, 2007
Internet Banking Systems Are Goin' Mobile September 1, 2007 Security, reliability, and self-service functionality are the most important elements of Internet banking systems, says Jay Kamp, vice president of development for USERS Inc. , Valley Forge, Pa. And the Next Big Thing for Internet banking: Mobile access, he says. Read... READ MORE

A Site for Sore Eyes? Map Out a Redesign

September 01, 2007
A Site for Sore Eyes? Map Out a Redesign September 1, 2007 By Cathy Fleming Does your Web site need a makeover? Two credit union executives offer advice on site redesigns. Value 'high-priced real estate' Get your information technology (IT) department's input and support on Web site security, and ask... READ MORE

Fight Check Forgery With New Technologies

July 01, 2007
Fight Check Forgery With New Technologies July 1, 2007 By Yuri Prizemin CUNA Mutual Group , Madison, Wis., reports it paid credit union check fraud claims in 2006 totaling $16.9 million—down from approximately $21 million in both 2004 and 2005 due to improved loss controls and tighter underwriting standards. But... READ MORE

E-mail Marketing Made Easy (Part I)

July 01, 2007
E-mail Marketing Made Easy (Part I) July 1, 2007 By Lisa Forlenza We all know the "e" in e-mail stands for electronic. However, I like to think "e" also stands for easy, efficient, and effective. If you're new to the world of e-mail marketing, you may believe embarking on an... READ MORE

Risk Is Measurable

April 01, 2007
Risk Is Measurable April 1, 2007 By Jeromie Jackson "Risk cannot be measured," is a common scientific and mathematical phrase often applied to information security. While it's true some risk measurements are subjective, it's naive to believe measurements aren't attainable. Risk is not a number, but a measurement of risk... READ MORE

ID Theft Protection and Resolution

April 01, 2007
ID Theft Protection and Resolution April 1, 2007 One solution is to assign a specially trained coordinator to each ID theft victim to help resolve the problem. Worldwide Assistance's ID Theft Resolution service takes this approach, freeing victims to focus on normal daily life instead of on anxiety and ID... READ MORE

Biometric Innovations

March 01, 2007
Biometric Innovations March 1, 2007 By Jim Jerving Biometrics is not security's silver bullet. Rather, it provides another option to consider, especially in the area of user authentication. It's another layer of the security onion that helps deter threats to an organization's data. Biometrics is the science and technology of... READ MORE

Seven Ways to Get the Most From Your Database

March 01, 2007
Seven Ways to Get the Most From Your Database March 1, 2007 By Nick Bengel Many credit union managers say, "I know who my members are. They're military personnel, teachers, college students, etc." They define members by their select employee groups or the people they see the most at branches.... READ MORE

Seven Computer Security Resolutions

February 01, 2007
Seven Computer Security Resolutions February 1, 2007 While artificial intelligence has come a long way, computer users still are the ones charged with the security of their data, networks, and computers. People at the keyboards should take seven key steps to assure the maximum possible computer and network security in... READ MORE

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: What's Your Expected Loan Growth in 2015?

View Results Poll Archive