Compliance

Remittance Transfer Rule Takes Effect Oct. 28

July 10, 2013
Amendments provide new protections to consumers who send remittance transfers outside the U.S. READ MORE

NCUA's Derivatives Proposal

July 10, 2013
Final rule should allow better matching between assets and liabilities. READ MORE

Guard Against Social Media's Liability Risks

July 09, 2013
A recent survey indicated that 62% of U.S. financial institutions were not using social media because they worry about compliance violations. READ MORE

More Members, Regs, and a Future Focus

July 01, 2013
CUs are the model of the future. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: Ability-to-Repay and Mobile Homes

July 01, 2013
The ATR rule will apply to any consumer credit transaction that’s secured by a dwelling. READ MORE

Comply With COPPA by July 1

July 01, 2013

The COPPA rule applies to operators of commercial websites and online services directed to children under age 13 that collect, use, or disclose personal information from children.

READ MORE

Credit Insurance Financing Prohibition Delayed

July 01, 2013

CUNA formally requested the delay so the CFPB could clarify certain issues and provide more time for credit unions to implement changes.

READ MORE

CFPB Amends Ability-to-Repay

July 01, 2013

The CFPB created specific exemptions and modifications for small creditors, community development lenders, and housing stabilization programs.

READ MORE

National Supervision Policy Manual At-A-Glance

June 25, 2013
NCUA’s National Supervisory Policy Manual aims to ensure examiners treat CUs uniformly. READ MORE

Get Comfortable with Constantly Changing Regulations

June 18, 2013
Like death and taxes, the growing volume of complex regulations is inevitable. READ MORE

The Works Blog The Works Blog is produced by PolicyWorks LLC, Des Moines, Iowa.

#Mortgage Rescission: Lawsuit or Letter Required?

Earlier this month the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to weigh in on whether federal law requires borrowers to notify their lender in writing that they intend to rescind their mortgage or if the borrower must file a lawsuit making the claim, within a three year period. Now you may be thinking “Three YEARS!”  I thought […]

Another Year and Another Renewal for SAFE ACT

I figured I would get a good jump on the reminder for credit unions to renew registrations for your Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in order to comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act. With the holidays right around the corner , and year end for credit unions, I know it is a busy time for everyone. […]

#2014Election Results: What Does This Mean for Credit Unions?

Due in large part to the advocacy efforts of credit union supporters, 25 out of 29 pro-credit union Senate candidates were victorious on Tuesday.  In addition, credit union-supported candidates had a 92% success rate in House elections, with 336 of the 367 candidates coming out on top.  By and large, the midterm elections resulted in […]
More Stories

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive