Articles from our Experts in Compliance

NCUA's Derivatives Proposal

July 10, 2013
Final rule should allow better matching between assets and liabilities. READ MORE

High-Cost vs. Higher-Priced

June 06, 2013
Mortgages that fall into the high-cost or higher-priced category have certain restrictions and requirements, so it’s important to understand what they are. READ MORE

NCUA's National Supervision Policy Manual

June 01, 2013
Agency's manual requires examiners to act on unresolved DORs regardless of a CU's CAMEL rating. READ MORE

Build on a Solid Foundation

April 14, 2013
To implement these rules, credit unions must amend policies and forms, train staff, and adopt new procedures. READ MORE

The CFPB Is Keeping an Aggressive Pace

March 06, 2013
Prepare for a long path of increased regulatory changes affecting virtually every consumer product and service. READ MORE

Fixing the International Remittance Rule

February 18, 2013
We’re advocating for ample compliance time, in recognition of the fact that many vendors may need additional time to get ready. READ MORE

CUs’ Regulatory Burden Will Be Our Focus

February 18, 2013
We’ll urge Congress to exercise greater oversight on regulatory issues—to ensure accountability for agency actions. READ MORE

Fair Lending Will Heat Up Again in 2013

January 01, 2013
Here’s why you can expect fair lending compliance to heat up this year. READ MORE

Nonresident Alien Reporting

December 21, 2012
The rule goes into effect just weeks from now, on Jan. 1, 2013. READ MORE

‘Want Some Basel in Your Soup?’

December 18, 2012
When I first heard of Basel III, I thought it was a genetic mutation of a plant I often put on homemade pizza. READ MORE
Credit Union Magazine

Credit Union Magazine

October 2014

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive