Articles from our Experts in Technology

Mobile Madness

December 07, 2010
The buzz at the BAI conference over mobile banking—and the apps that enable it—was deafening. READ MORE

‘Look, a Landline!’

October 26, 2010
Determine which delivery channels members want today and tomorrow. READ MORE

What's Your Plan?

October 25, 2010
Technology plans are like politicians: short on substance, long on prose, and unlikely to do what they're supposed to do. READ MORE

CUs Catch Mobile Wave

August 02, 2010
Last October, I was in Kenya with World Council of Credit Unions representatives. As I bounced along a rural road outside Nairobi, two of my Kenyan traveling companions had this conversation: READ MORE

Social Networks That Boost Your Business

June 18, 2010
Innovative companies are embracing Web 2.0 to enhance communication, information sharing, and collaboration. READ MORE

Conduct a Web Site Compliance Review

December 15, 2009
By Steve Gibbs In recent years, regulatory requirements such as the Bank Secrecy Act and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act’s Identity Theft Red Flags have diverted our attention from many basic—and equally important—directives and regulations. In particular, the need to perform a periodic Web site compliance review has... READ MORE

Is That A Chip Over Your Shoulder?

March 30, 2009
Chip is fast becoming the global standard for credit card security—except in the U.S. In the early 1990s, I was part of the working team that developed and rolled out the “EMV” standards for chip cards. EMV is the industry abbreviation for the consortium of three companies—Europay International,... READ MORE

Promote Remote

February 20, 2009
CUs lead the push for remote deposit capture. Jerry Federico recalls leaving his booth briefly at a recent trade show. “When we came back, a passerby who’d just seen our demo was instructing another visitor how to use our remote deposit capture software. He'd learned how to do... READ MORE
Credit Union Magazine

Credit Union Magazine

October 2014

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive