Human Resources

Gary Irvin Encourages Innovation

September 01, 2005
Gary Irvin Encourages Innovation September 1, 2005 Who: Gary Irvin What: President/CEO Where: FORUM CU, Indianapolis Best thing about being a CEO: Knowing that I have the opportunity to help create and foster a culture at work that dramatically affects the personal lives of our employee force and the bottom... READ MORE

Order Your CEO Compensation Survey Report Today

September 01, 2005
Order Your CEO Compensation Survey Report Today September 1, 2005 Don't be left in the dark when it comes to CEO compensation issues. The CEO Total Compensation Survey Report provides nationwide CEO compensation data for credit unions with $100 million plus in assets. Results are conveniently categorized by asset size,... READ MORE

Financial Partners CU Embraces Alternative Healthcare Benefits

August 01, 2005
Financial Partners CU Embraces Alternative Healthcare Benefits August 1, 2005 When employees of Financial Partners Credit Union, Downey, Calif., suffer from joint pain, they can head to a traditional doctor or visit an acupuncturist. For back pain, employees can ask a physician to write a prescription or they can visit... READ MORE

David DiCosola: Already A Major Leaguer

August 01, 2005
David DiCosola: Already A Major Leaguer August 1, 2005 Who: David DiCosola What: President/CEO Where: First Miami University Student & Alumni FCU How I learned about CUs: Through an internship program offered at Miami University of Ohio. There were various fliers around campus and I thought working at the credit... READ MORE

Future Forum Offers Customized Breakout Sessions

August 01, 2005
Future Forum Offers Customized Breakout Sessions August 1, 2005 Attendees of the 2005 CUNA Future Forum (Sept. 24-27 in San Francisco) can choose which breakout sessions to attend according to their particular interests or individual learning objectives. Sessions have been grouped into seven customized learning track options: Sales/marketing; Leadership/executive; Security/risk... READ MORE

Sandy Lingerfelt: No Time To Loaf Around

July 01, 2005
Sandy Lingerfelt: No Time To Loaf Around July 1, 2005 WHO: Sandy Lingerfelt WHAT: President/CEO WHERE: Clinchfield FCU, Erwin, Tenn. Why I'm involved beyond my credit union: I believe that what we do is so important to our members that we should do everything in our power to ensure that... READ MORE

What's Your Leadership Philosophy?

July 01, 2005
What's Your Leadership Philosophy? July 1, 2005 Set High Standards We make it a point to set obstacles and very high standards of what we expect from the people who work here. We also believe when people work hard and produce results, they should be rewarded both financially and otherwise.... READ MORE

Does Your CU Stink? Look At Your Training

June 01, 2005
Does Your CU Stink? Look At Your Training June 1, 2005 By Dan Garrison Something stinks around here and it's making me nauseous. Turns out I'm not the only one: staff is feeling sick, managers are feeling sick, and the board is feeling sick. Worst of all, our members are... READ MORE

Mary Madden: A High-Energy Leader

June 01, 2005
Mary Madden: A High-Energy Leader June 1, 2005 Who: Mary Madden What: President/CEO Where: Hudson Valley FCU, Poughkeepsie, N.Y. What did you want to be when you grew up? That depends on what age I was. Early on, I wanted to be an environmental conservationist or park ranger. Then my... READ MORE

Kirk Kordeleski: A Hard-Working Art Collector

May 01, 2005
Kirk Kordeleski: A Hard-Working Art Collector May 1, 2005 Who: Kirk Kordeleski What: President/CEO Where: Bethpage (N.Y.) FCU My first job: I was 14 years old and worked as a busboy at a local restaurant. I learned that hard work mattered and that unless you followed through on your education... READ MORE

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive