Human Resources

The ROI of Recognition Programs

June 15, 2010
Scrimping on employee recognition programs might be penny-wise, but it’s pound-foolish, agree human resource experts and practitioners. READ MORE

Combat Workplace Violence

June 02, 2010
Proactive employers can reduce the likelihood of workplace violence. READ MORE

It's Not Personal; It's Business

June 01, 2010

Face-to-face communication is becoming a lost art.

One of my favorite chick flicks is “You’ve Got Mail.” In the movie, Tom Hanks plays a character who owns a big chain bookstore and Meg Ryan’s character is the owner of a small corner bookstore previously owned by her mother.

READ MORE

Pulling Together

June 01, 2010
U.S. worker productivity, year over year, continues to increase. Even though employees have seen their incomes stagnate, job opportunities derailed, and retirements jeopardized, worker productivity keeps climbing, reports the Credit Union National Association’s 2010-2011 Environmental Scan. READ MORE

Manage Training From Start to Finish

May 26, 2010

Web-based training services help you manage training from start to finish.

READ MORE

CUs Struggle To Contain Benefit Costs

May 26, 2010

Employers are having difficulty offering benefits due to financial constraints caused by the poor economy and escalating costs, particularly for health care, according to the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) 2010-2011 Credit Union Staff Benefits Survey Report.

READ MORE

Instant Poll: Wellness Programs

April 29, 2010
Wellness programs are designed with the idea that keeping employees healthy is better and cheaper than treating and paying for health issues later. But are they all they’re cracked up to be? Cast your vote now: What do you think? Do you think wellness programs are worth the effort?... READ MORE

More CUs Add Wellness Programs

April 26, 2010
One-third of credit unions added or expanded their use of wellness programs to reduce 2010 health-care costs, according to the Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) 2010-2011 Credit Union Staff Benefits Survey Report. Wellness programs use a variety of components to improve employees’ lifestyles and ward off chronic illnesses that drive... READ MORE

The New MBAs

March 30, 2010
Ben Rogers CU values are aligned with the values of today’s business school graduates. Focus MBA students offer strong analytical skills and fresh views of CU operations and strategy. Young adults increasingly look for socially responsible employers. Board focus: Partner with graduate schools to attract MBA students and graduates. Imagine... READ MORE

Make an Immeasurable Impact

March 30, 2010
‘Our success depends on helping members achieve their financial goals.’ Who: Kelly McDonough What: President/CEO Where: First Alliance CU, Rochester, Minn. I’m proud my CU received the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility: Organizations function best when they have an engaged and inspired work force. I’m... READ MORE
CU Mag cover July 2014

Credit Union Magazine

July 2014

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: What Are Your 2015 Tech Spending Plans?

View Results Poll Archive