Compliance

A Complex Appraisal Reg, In a Nutshell

April 01, 2011
What are the Dodd-Frank Act's new requirements for appraisal independence? READ MORE

More Mortgage Changes Are on the Way

March 25, 2011
A second interim rule amends Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act requirements. READ MORE

Five Suggestions for the New CFPB

March 22, 2011
The jury’s still out on what the CFPB will tackle first. READ MORE

Compliance Matters: SAFE Act Training

March 14, 2011
Registry open for mortgage originators. READ MORE

Compliance Trouble Spots Could be Behind You

March 08, 2011
If you don’t conduct a compliance review, you could quickly be out of compliance. READ MORE

Warren wants CUs, CFPB to work together

March 02, 2011
What are the top initiatives of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau? READ MORE

10 Ways the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Will Affect CUs

March 01, 2011
The CFPB has a sweeping mandate and raises many questions. READ MORE

Matz Calls for Exemptions in Fed Interchange Rulemaking

February 17, 2011

NCUA Chairman Debbie Matz called upon the Federal Reserve to craft a debit card interchange rule that reflects Dodd-Frank Act language addressing small institution pricing issues.

READ MORE

Develop an Effective Social Media Policy

February 14, 2011
Thoroughly evaluate four areas of potential risk before engaging in social media. READ MORE

Cheney Urges Regulatory Relief

February 10, 2011
Containing CUs' regulatory burden is one of CUNA's top priorities. READ MORE

The Works Blog The Works Blog is produced by PolicyWorks LLC, Des Moines, Iowa.

#Mortgage Rescission: Lawsuit or Letter Required?

Earlier this month the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to weigh in on whether federal law requires borrowers to notify their lender in writing that they intend to rescind their mortgage or if the borrower must file a lawsuit making the claim, within a three year period. Now you may be thinking “Three YEARS!”  I thought […]

Another Year and Another Renewal for SAFE ACT

I figured I would get a good jump on the reminder for credit unions to renew registrations for your Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in order to comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act. With the holidays right around the corner , and year end for credit unions, I know it is a busy time for everyone. […]

#2014Election Results: What Does This Mean for Credit Unions?

Due in large part to the advocacy efforts of credit union supporters, 25 out of 29 pro-credit union Senate candidates were victorious on Tuesday.  In addition, credit union-supported candidates had a 92% success rate in House elections, with 336 of the 367 candidates coming out on top.  By and large, the midterm elections resulted in […]
More Stories

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive