Compliance

What Is Adverse Action?

October 15, 2011
The Dodd-Frank Act amended FCRA to require CUs to disclose that a credit score was used in taking any adverse employment action. READ MORE

Examiners To Disclose CAMEL Ratings

October 01, 2011
NCUA has instructed examiners to begin sharing CAMEL ratings with federally-insured, state-chartered credit unions during all on-site insurance reviews and supervision contacts. READ MORE

When ‘Free’ Means Free

September 26, 2011
Since the Federal Reserve issued its final rules on interchange fees, some financial institutions have eliminated free checking to recoup lost income. READ MORE

Interchange Fees and Routing

September 25, 2011
The Dodd-Frank Act amended the Electronic Fund Transfer Act by adding Section 920 regarding interchange transaction fees and rules for debit card transactions. READ MORE

The 14-Day Question

September 24, 2011
Some CUs are confused about the 14-day timing requirement for periodic statements. READ MORE

Re-Evaluate Authentication Systems

September 01, 2011
This summer the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) agencies issued a supplement to their 2005 guidance (“Authentication in an Internet Banking Environment”). READ MORE

Battle Workplace Bullying

August 24, 2011
This year, legislatures in at least 11 states, from New York to Washington, are considering legislation to prohibit bullying in the workplace. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: OFAC, FCRA, and the SAFE Act

August 24, 2011
Quick answers to your compliance questions. READ MORE

The Cost of Compliance

August 11, 2011
Credit unions can't ignore the cost of compliance and the need to budget for it. READ MORE

Responding to Data Breaches

August 01, 2011
Data breaches have dominated the headlines in recent months. READ MORE

The Works Blog The Works Blog is produced by PolicyWorks LLC, Des Moines, Iowa.

#Mortgage Rescission: Lawsuit or Letter Required?

Earlier this month the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to weigh in on whether federal law requires borrowers to notify their lender in writing that they intend to rescind their mortgage or if the borrower must file a lawsuit making the claim, within a three year period. Now you may be thinking “Three YEARS!”  I thought […]

Another Year and Another Renewal for SAFE ACT

I figured I would get a good jump on the reminder for credit unions to renew registrations for your Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in order to comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act. With the holidays right around the corner , and year end for credit unions, I know it is a busy time for everyone. […]

#2014Election Results: What Does This Mean for Credit Unions?

Due in large part to the advocacy efforts of credit union supporters, 25 out of 29 pro-credit union Senate candidates were victorious on Tuesday.  In addition, credit union-supported candidates had a 92% success rate in House elections, with 336 of the 367 candidates coming out on top.  By and large, the midterm elections resulted in […]
More Stories

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: What's Your Expected Loan Growth in 2015?

View Results Poll Archive