Compliance

CFPB Clarifies Ability-to-Repay and Mortgage Servicing Rules

September 26, 2013
These changes become effective Jan. 10, 2014, along with the rest of ATR and mortgage servicing rules. READ MORE

CFPB Publishes Mortgage Rules Readiness Guide

September 19, 2013
Updated periodically, the guide is designed for use by institutions of all sizes. READ MORE

Get Your Whole House in Order

September 16, 2013
Two areas warrant the particular attention of CU staff: fair lending policies and HMDA accuracy. READ MORE

Get Ready for CFPB’s Ability-To-Repay Rule

September 08, 2013
This final rule expands the ATR requirements to include most closed-end mortgages—with a few exceptions. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: Record Keeping Requirements for Prescreened Credit Offers

September 01, 2013
Anyone who makes a prescreened credit offer must maintain specific records for three years, per the Fair Credit Reporting Act. READ MORE

NCUA Loan Participation Rule Effective Sept. 23

September 01, 2013
The NCUA Board approved a final rule in June to revise its loan participation rules READ MORE

Overdraft Report Raises Consumer Concerns

August 19, 2013
Despite the report, the CFPB isn’t expected to issue a rule to regulate overdraft practices this year. READ MORE

CFPB’s Exam Procedures Are Valuable Tools

August 18, 2013
Review them to survive the tidal wave of new regulations and bolster your compliance efforts. READ MORE

A Dangerous Intersection

August 14, 2013
All CUs should review their confidentiality policies for overbreadth, both in writing and in application. READ MORE

Compliance Q&A: Indirect Lending

August 09, 2013
Who's responsible for providing the risk-based pricing notice? READ MORE

The Works Blog The Works Blog is produced by PolicyWorks LLC, Des Moines, Iowa.

#Mortgage Rescission: Lawsuit or Letter Required?

Earlier this month the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to weigh in on whether federal law requires borrowers to notify their lender in writing that they intend to rescind their mortgage or if the borrower must file a lawsuit making the claim, within a three year period. Now you may be thinking “Three YEARS!”  I thought […]

Another Year and Another Renewal for SAFE ACT

I figured I would get a good jump on the reminder for credit unions to renew registrations for your Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO) in order to comply with the requirements of the SAFE Act. With the holidays right around the corner , and year end for credit unions, I know it is a busy time for everyone. […]

#2014Election Results: What Does This Mean for Credit Unions?

Due in large part to the advocacy efforts of credit union supporters, 25 out of 29 pro-credit union Senate candidates were victorious on Tuesday.  In addition, credit union-supported candidates had a 92% success rate in House elections, with 336 of the 367 candidates coming out on top.  By and large, the midterm elections resulted in […]
More Stories

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Have You Ever Suffered a Denial of Service Attack?

View Results Poll Archive