Technology

Intelligent Video Surveillance Thwarts ID Theft

October 01, 2007
Intelligent Video Surveillance Thwarts ID Theft October 1, 2007 By Dagan Sadeh A teller walks away from his desk briefly, leaving a short queue of customers to wait. One customer from the queue steps forward quickly, grabbing a handful of new credit cards ready to be mailed to customers with... READ MORE

E-mail Spam Wars

September 01, 2007
E-mail Spam Wars September 1, 2007 By Ron Daly Here's the good news: The ongoing battle to fight spam is making real progress. Internet service providers (ISP) are using more sophisticated and improved spam filters to catch unwanted e-mails and online scams. And consumers are more vigilant in managing their... READ MORE

Members on the Move

September 01, 2007
Members on the Move September 1, 2007 By Roy W. Urrico Self-admitted "CrackBerry" addicts on staff who can't put down their personal digital assistants (PDA), and cell phones pressed to the ears of every other person on the street testify to mobile devices' ubiquity and the need to provide 24/7... READ MORE

IT Compliance? But I'm a Credit Union!

September 01, 2007
IT Compliance? But I'm a Credit Union! September 1, 2007 By Greg Brinton A client of mine once likened the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to a pair of Sumo wrestlers. Not wrestling each other mind you, but instead working in tandem... READ MORE

Serving the Underserved: Mobile Could Be Key

September 01, 2007
Serving the Underserved: Mobile Could Be Key September 1, 2007 By Roy W. Urrico Financial institutions should look to the 17.5 million people who are underbanked as a potential market in light of its size, demand for financial services, and demonstrated willingness to embrace mobile technology. So says a white... READ MORE

Internet Banking: Keep Pace With Market Changes

September 01, 2007
Internet Banking: Keep Pace With Market Changes September 1, 2007 Members' increased comfort with and rising expectations of Internet banking is fueling new innovations says Tim Wooldridge, director of virtual branch for IntegraSys , Frisco, Texas. Wooldridge addresses how credit unions can get the most from their Internet banking solutions,... READ MORE

Internet Banking Systems Are Goin' Mobile

September 01, 2007
Internet Banking Systems Are Goin' Mobile September 1, 2007 Security, reliability, and self-service functionality are the most important elements of Internet banking systems, says Jay Kamp, vice president of development for USERS Inc. , Valley Forge, Pa. And the Next Big Thing for Internet banking: Mobile access, he says. Read... READ MORE

A Site for Sore Eyes? Map Out a Redesign

September 01, 2007
A Site for Sore Eyes? Map Out a Redesign September 1, 2007 By Cathy Fleming Does your Web site need a makeover? Two credit union executives offer advice on site redesigns. Value 'high-priced real estate' Get your information technology (IT) department's input and support on Web site security, and ask... READ MORE

Fight Check Forgery With New Technologies

July 01, 2007
Fight Check Forgery With New Technologies July 1, 2007 By Yuri Prizemin CUNA Mutual Group , Madison, Wis., reports it paid credit union check fraud claims in 2006 totaling $16.9 million—down from approximately $21 million in both 2004 and 2005 due to improved loss controls and tighter underwriting standards. But... READ MORE

E-mail Marketing Made Easy (Part I)

July 01, 2007
E-mail Marketing Made Easy (Part I) July 1, 2007 By Lisa Forlenza We all know the "e" in e-mail stands for electronic. However, I like to think "e" also stands for easy, efficient, and effective. If you're new to the world of e-mail marketing, you may believe embarking on an... READ MORE
CU Mag cover July 2014

Credit Union Magazine

July 2014

What's Popular

Popular Stories

Recent Discussion

Your Say: Should CUs Impose Age Limits for Directors?

View Results Poll Archive