Five takeaways on branding, according to John Costello, president of Dunkin' Brands:
1. Honestly assess what's working and what's not.
2. Differentiate or disappear: Why should consumers choose you over all other choices ? Strong brands have a clear point of product and brand differentiation.
3. Embrace a 360 approach to meeting member needs.
4. Think long-term—invest in your brand. Brand building has to sell, and sales tactics have to build your brand.
5. Build a team bigger than yourself. Great teams equal great results. Surround yourself with the right people.
Costello addressed attendees of the THINK Conference this week in Chicago. The conference, sponsored by CO-OP Financial Services, concludes Thursday.