- Hispanic Resources
CUNA recognized 12 credit unions for their outstanding training programs and training professionals at this year’s CUNA ELLy Training Awards, held at CUNA Experience Learning Live!, Sept. 30 to Oct. 3 in Denver.
The ELLy Training Awards are the only national awards presented to credit union trainers that recognize excellence in professional staff development.
Awards are presented to credit union professionals from two asset divisions: less than and greater than $250 million in assets. First place awards and awards of merit were presented in these categories:
Chi Phi Delta Award
This award represents the best development of a Credit Union University and its effect on staff learning and performance, using CUNA’s Center for Professional Development products as the foundation.
- Terrance Shelton, The Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento, Calif.
This award is presented to participants who demonstrate how their use of technology-based training has enhanced their credit union training initiatives.
- First place: Summit Credit Union, Madison, Wis.
- Award of Merit: Eastman Credit Union, Kingsport, Tenn.
Training Champion Award
This award recognizes senior management staff members who go beyond the call of duty to support and develop their credit union’s training program.
- Award of Merit (more than $250 million in assets): Kevin Hartz, Community First Credit Union, Appleton, Wis.
- Award of Merit (less than $250 million in assets): Senior leadership team (John Buckley, Lori Cregg, Phil Archer, Ken Craigie, Ellen Davis, and Jessica Broad), Gerber Federal Credit Union, Freemont, Mich.
Training Professional of the Year Award
This award honors exceptional achievements in performance and learning by a credit union training professional or department.
- First place: GESA Credit Union, Richland, Wash.
- Award of Merit: Black Hills Federal Credit Union, Rapid City, S.D.
This award is presented to the credit union with the best overall training curriculum or best training event that energizes, empowers, and excites participants.
- First place (more than $250 million in assets): Community First Credit Union, Appleton, Wis., and Warren Federal Credit Union, Cheyenne, Wy.
- Award of Merit (more than $250 million in assets): Alisha McLaughlin and Sarah Fraley-Russell, Empower Federal Credit Union, Syracuse, N.Y., and Solarity Credit Union, Yakima, Wash.
- Award of Merit (less than $250 million in assets): Susan Sierno, Plus4 Credit Union, Houston.
Click here for more information about the CUNA ELLy Training Awards.