- Hispanic Resources
CUNA's Community Credit Union of the Year Awards recognize and honor community credit unions that best exemplify the principles of the credit union movement while serving as a positive influence in the field of service.
Four credit unions received the honor during a ceremony Thursday at CUNA's Community Credit Union & Growth Conference in Denver.
Winners among credit unions with more than $250 million in assets:
- First place: First Community Credit Union, Jamestown, N.D.
- Honorable mention: 1st MidAmerica Credit Union, Bethalto, Ill.
Winners among credit unions with less than $250 million in assets:
- First place: Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union, Gulfport, Miss.
- Honorable mention: Dakotaland Federal Credit Union, Huron, S.D.
The awards program is open to community chartered credit unions and those with multiple select employee groups. This includes credit unions that, in all aspects, consistently excel in the advancement of the ideals of the credit union movement, are proactive in their community, and provide a wide array of services that meet the needs of their diverse communities.
Judges praised this year’s entries for their:
- New and innovative products and services;
- Commitment to community involvement;
- Involvement of employees and strong community partnerships; and
- Dedication to keeping members in good standing and ability to manage additional risk.
From left: Pete Dzuris, CEO of Northland Area FCU, Oscoda, Mich., CUNA Board member, and chairman of CUNA’s Community CU Committee; Emily Remund, marketing assistant, Dakotaland FCU, Huron, S.D.; Dawn Muthchelknaus, vice president of marketing, Dakotaland FCU; Angie Cumbee; and Dan Cumbee, president/CEO, Dakotaland FCU.
From left: Dzuris; Lisa Graham, president/CEO, Gulf Coast Community FCU, Gulfport, Miss.; and Debbie Pidek, executive vice president/chief communications officer, Gulf Coast Community FCU.
Dzuris and Amber Scott, vice president of marketing, 1st MidAmerica CU, Bethalto, Ill.
Dzuris and Janna Bergstedt, marketing manager, First Community CU, Jamestown, N.D.