- Hispanic Resources
CUNA, with its network of 44 state and regional leagues, represents more than 6,000 of America’s credit unions as its members.
The following is a summary of your “Membership@Work”—the important actions funded by your investment in credit union leagues and CUNA.
• Legislative advocacy, such as protecting the credit union tax status, testifying before Congress, and working to expand member business lending regulations;
• Regulatory relief efforts, such as raising credit union concerns with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rules related to remittances and mortgage lending;
• Regulatory advocacy to push back onerous legislation and to monitor other regulatory activities;
• State issues advocacy, such as participating in national meetings of state legislators along with state leagues; and
• Political advocacy, which involves building a solid foundation of credit union friends in Congress, with one important thing in common: support of credit unions.