Companies still looking to grow their businesses in a sluggish economy might want to get back to the leadership basics.
So what does it take to lead a business through today’s economy, entrepreneur.com asks? Consider these five tips:
- Listen. Tune in to what workers and customers are saying to cull ideas on how to move forward.
- Give credit. Workers appreciate leaders who acknowledge their efforts.
- Communicate. So much company dysfunction can be prevented with clear communication. Otherwise, workers are in the dark. And soon, they won’t care.
- Be accountable. Define the results you want, and acknowledge when some thing goes wrong and it’s your fault.
- Share the big picture. If your employees don’t know your goals, it can be hard for them to solve problems.