- Hispanic Resources
Nearly 400,000 Chase Bank customers have opted to receive their monthly checking and savings account statements in Spanish due to extensive outreach efforts.
“It’s essential for consumers to understand what the bank is telling them about their money,” says Rebeca Vargas, head of multicultural marketing. “Providing Spanish-language bank statements further demonstrates Chase’s commitment to helping this community with their financial matters.”
- Ran Spanish-language TV spot about the Spanish bank statements on Univision and TeleFutura during World Cup coverage in 10 major U.S. markets;
- Used radio, print, and out of home advertising;
- Sent direct mail to customers in Hispanic areas and with Hispanic surnames; and
- Launched a series of financial guidance vignettes appearing on Univision’s top morning show until September, including a Spanish servicing vignette.
Chase also creates special promotions around holidays and events, such as Cinco de Mayo—commemorating Mexico's victory at the Battle of Puebla in 1862—and Hispanic Heritage Month in October.
The efforts have resonated with customers, sometimes generating sales increases of more than 100%.
“We listen to our Hispanic customers, and we understand how much they value receiving information, materials, assistance and offers that are relevant and respectful of their language and cultural needs,” Vargas adds.
Chase offers several touchpoints for customers who prefer to communicate in Spanish:
- Calling 877-31CHASE (877-312-4273);
- Visiting its Spanish language website for information about products and services;
- Meeting with bilingual staff at Chase branches and Chase Homeownership Centers for homeowners struggling with their mortgage payments.
View Chase’s Spanish-language bank statements TV spot.